5 iMessage Tricks You Were Too Embarrassed to Ask
Here are a few iMessage Tricks that we may have been a little too embarrassed to ask!
- Enabling read receipts means that the person you text can see when you’ve read their text message.
- In the Settings app, select Messages, and slide to enable or disable Send Read Receipts. Once it is enabled, the receipt will say “Read [time]” under your latest text.
- See when each text was sent.
- In a text message thread, swipe your finger to the left — anywhere on the screen — to see timestamps for each text on the right.
- How do I write in all caps?
- When the keyboard is open, double tap the shift key to turn it into the caps lock key. YOU’RE WELCOME.
- Send a precise location.
- In Apple Maps, you can send your current location by selecting the arrow in the bottom left, then tapping the share button on the bottom right (looks like a rectangle with an arrow coming out of it). Select “Message” and it’ll text a map image to your contact.
- Force to send as an SMS message.
- If iMessage is down, a red exclamation point will appear. Tap that exclamation point and select “Send as Text Message.”
If you need more help or questions come visit us at any of the following locations. Don’t forget, if you need a screen repair come down and let the i Fix Screens team assist you. If you break it, we can repair it! Our Mail-in address is also available to be as convenient to you as possible.