Hidden features in the iOS 13 update by Apple, in which many have missed!
Off late, Apple has launched its final version of iOS 13 compatible with most of the iPhone devices. Touted as the best iOS so far, it brings along together tons of new & bold features.
We’ll be listing what’s new & some of it’s best features along with their pros & cons, and at the result will see whether it’s better than its forerunner iOS 12?
So, what’s new?
1. Dark mode
One of the most impressive iOS 13 features that come with the iPhone, it improves the readability of the text and reduces the strain on the eyes. It automatically gets enabled at night, where else you get the option to turn iOS 13 dark modes on from the Control Center during the daytime.
- Improved readability of text.
- Lesser eye strain while looking at the phone screen or reading a text.
- Although, they improve readability, they’re not always better for eye strain. During day time, the text appears washed out, increasing the fatigue on eyes.
- Hard to read long pieces of content using Dark mode.
2. Quick path typing / Swipe typing
Get swiping with this iOS 13 update that lets you type by simply swiping your finger from one text to another. Swipe typing iPhone feature enabled by default, so, no need to dive into your settings to change anything!
- Use of single hand for typing.
- Improved typing efficiency.
- It takes more time to get used..
- Not very user friendly.
3. Sign-in with Apple
Now you can sign-in to different apps & websites using one single Apple ID. No filling out forms or creating new passwords. Just tap “Sign in with Apple” after a quick Face ID or Touch ID confirmation, you’re all set!
- Works on all Apple devices.
- Built-in security.
- No privacy breach.
- It works only for Apple devices.
4. Look Around
The look around the feature in Apple maps gives you a real-time & immersive 3D street view of the locations that lets you move seamlessly down the streets. Reminiscent of Google street view, it comes with some attractions of its own, including smoother transition animations & photos that use parallax to deliver a 3D-like depth you don’t find in Google Maps.
- Real-time 3D view of the locations on the map.
- While in look around mode, you can put the image on the top so that you can also see a map of it on the bottom.
- Access to limited locations in the US.
5. Portrait lighting & portrait mode
A must for all the Photoholics, these two new features take your photography experience to another level. You can click sharp & detailed portraits with a background blur effect just like you do in the higher end DSLR & then give them studio-like impacts using the portrait lighting effects.
- Create background blur images.
- Adjust the position and lighting of your portraits with various features and functions.
- Not available for phones before iPhone 7 plus series like iPhone 7, 6, 6s etc.
If we take into consideration the new features that iOS has added to its tally, it’s a winner. But if we talk about the quantitative differences, Apple claim that updating iOS 12 to iOS 13 will result in :
- 30% faster Face ID unlock.
- 50% smaller app download sizes.
- 60% smaller app update sizes.
- 2x faster app launch.
Final Verdict !!
So, yes, apple iOS 13 clearly beats down iOS 12 in different segments based on the above & hands down emerges as a clear winner over!