Thanks to the mysterious team of Chinese jailbreak developers, we now have Pangu’s jailbreak for iOS 8 and iOS 8.1.x At the moment Pangu is only available for windows. Do not worry Mac users, jailbreak for OS will surely drop soon. iFixScreens will show you the step by step instructions to jailbreak your iOS 8 – iOS 8.1 iDevice.
- Jailbreaking your iDevice may VOID your warranty, so please proceed with caution and at your OWN RISK.
- Pangu ONLY supports following iOS 8 and iOS 8.1 devices:
- iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 5s, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5, iPhone 4S
- iPad Air, iPad 4, iPad 3, iPad 2
- iPad mini, Retina iPad mini
- iPod touch 5G
- Disable the password before starting, to do so go to:
- (Settings -> General -> Passcode Lock On -> Turn Passcode Off)
- Please BACKUP your iDevice before starting the jailbreak
- Make sure iTunes is up-to-date
HOW TO Jailbreak iOS 8.1:
- Step 1: Download the newest version of Pangu jailbreak from here: iOS 8 – iOS 8.1.x Jailbreak.
- Step 2: Connect your iDevice to your computer and backup using iCloud or iTunes. This step is a precaution just incase something goes wrong; it’s a good idea to have a backup.
- Step 3: If you did a OTA update, then the jailbreak may not work. So please complete a new install of iOS 8.1. using iTunes.
- Step 4: Disable the passcode
- Settings > Touch ID & Passcode and turn off Find my iPhone from Settings > iCloud > Find my iPhone
- Step 5: Launch the application as admin, Right click on the pangu.exe application and select “Run as Administrator”.
- Step 6: When the application is launched you should see a screen posted below. Yes the application is in Chinese, and if you don’t have Chinese fonts installed you may see question marks instead of the Chinese text.
- Step 7: Uncheck the left box that says “??????,??PP??” and click on the rectangular blue button that says Jailbreak.
- Step 8: On the next screen (pictured blew) you will see the progress, there are 6 steps in this jailbreak process. Just follow the instructions on the screen.
- Step 9: Next you will see that your iDevice is in process of a restore. The iDevice will restore several times. This should take about 5-10 minutes.
- Step 10: Once the jailbreak process is completed, you will see a Pangu app on your iDevice. This will confirm that your iDevice is jailbroken. ENJOY!
If you need more help or questions come visit us at any of the following locations. Don’t forget, if you need a screen repair come down and let the iFixScreens team assist you. If you break it, we can repair it! Our Mail-in address is also available to be as convenient to you as possible.