Apple's new operating system iOS 8 is now out. If you have an iPhone 4S or newer, you can download it for free from iTunes. Please make sure to back up your iDevice.
Awesome New Features:
- Send last location to Apple before your battery dies — We've all misplaced our precious devices. This feature allows iPhone and iPad users to send its last known location to Apple and iCloud holds this information for 24hours.
- Siri will identify songs — Siri is now integrated with Shazam and if you ask Siri "what song is playing?" she will listen and identify the music for you.
- Find which app is using the most battery life — A feature in settings that allows you to view battery usage by app. This lets you monitor specific apps that drain your battery.
- Hide images from Photos app — Pictures and videos can now be hidden in the Moments, Collections, and Years view in the Photos app.
- Automatically delete messages — In Settings > Messages, enable "Automatically Delete" messages after 30 days to 1 year. This will free up memory in the device.
- Remove yourself from group messages — In group message, tap "Details" then tap Leave the Conversation.
- Camera Timer — Set the camera on timer for up to 10 seconds.
- Recover deleted photos — A photo can be retrieved by tapping on the trash can icon in the photo app.
- Add photos to Notes — Photos can be inserted into the Notes app from Photos. Notes has also has rich text editing.
- Activate Siri without hands — — Turn the feature on in settings and just say, "Hey Siri!" when connect to a power source.
- Request desktop site in Safari — Allows you to load desktop site rather then mobile.
- Panoramic mode for iPad — It used to be only for the iPhone!
- Credit card scanning — While making online purchases in Safari you use the camera to scan in credit card information.
Stay tuned for more tips and tricks and How-to's! If you need more help or have questions come visit us at any of the following locations. Don't forget, if you need a screen repair come down and let the iFixScreens team assist you. If you break it, we can repair it! Our Mail-in address is also available to be as convenient to you as possible.