iPhone 12 Is Here? Know All The Latest Buzz!
The iPhone 12 is almost here, and here are all the latest leaks you need to know!
The smartphone industry has seen some significant changes during the last few years. The competition is cut-throat & brands have been offering the best of the features, new upgrades & technology at the best prices. Even big brands like iPhone & Samsung had to roll up their sleeves to pave their way into the league.
Apple launched iPhone 11 series in September last year - it’s latest flagship phones with powerful features, dual & triple rear camera, improve durability, faster A13 chip at affordable prices & made its mark. Now, the rumor mill has already started churning up rumors regarding the iPhone 12 launch, specs & features soon after the launch of the iPhone 11.
Based on these iPhone 12 rumors, we bring together in our article all the new leaks & updates regarding one of the most anticipated phones of the decade.
What can we expect?
- 4 new variants
- 5G technology
- Addition of flight sensor to the 3 rear cameras
- OLED screens
- Notch display
- Faster 120 Hz refresh rates
- A14 Bionic chip
- USB C port
- Navy blue variant
- Improved battery
The iPhone 12 leaks suggest that the design in the new iPhone will remain pretty much the same as its predecessor. Here what the rumors have to say:
- Similar rail curved design to iPhone 11 along with thinner depth, greater height & small bezels for an increase in screen space.
- Might lack a notch with the front-facing camera set to be embedded under the screen instead.
- Use of New face id technology for a slimmer & redesigned notch.
- In-screen Touch ID and fingerprint scanner.
- Other report says Face ID will dropped and replaced by an under-screen fingerprint scanner.
Reports suggest the display screen size is expected to be changed with new iPhone 12 models-
- iPhone 12 Pro Max can have a 6.7-inch screen (larger than 6.5 inches on the iPhone 11 Pro Max) whereas the iPhone 12 Pro can have a 5.45-inch screen (smaller than 5.8 inches on the iPhone 11 Pro); however, the standard Apple iPhone 12 will pretty much stay the same at 6.1 inches.
- All the new models will come with an OLED display instead of an LCD, although it would be both thinner & cheaper on the Pro models.
- The refresh rate says to take a leap from 60 Hz on the existing models to 120 Hz in the new iPhone 12. This means a smoother scrolling display giving a fight & probably beating down the rivals. As of now, only the OnePlus 7 Pro, OnePlus 7T, and Google's Pixel 4 have set the standard for flagship phones with a 90Hz refresh rate.
Apple’s new A14 chipset could be a game-changer in the smartphone & tablet market. Based on Digitimes Reports, the A14 will be the first A-series chip to be manufactured with a 5nm process (A12 & A13 were 7nm) which shall increase both the performance & efficiency.
Macworld analysis says the A14 chipset has the potential to bring the CPU performance in line with the 15-inch MacBook Pro alongside with a leap of almost 50% in GPU speeds. Astonishing, isn’t it?
- iPhone 12 Pro and iPhone 12 Pro Max will have 6GB RAM while the entry-level iPhone 12 will stick with 4GB RAM.
We’re expecting the same triple-lens camera with the iPhone 12 series as that of the iPhone 11 one. The biggest change, however, is the addition of new 3D flight sensor, at least to the top 2 models.
- The time-of-flight sensor is meant to precisely judge distances. It will enable the iPhone 12 to actively map its environment up to about 15 feet which will render high quality and in-depth bokeh effects. The biggest advantage is better support of the augmented reality apps with iPhone 12, which has been the significant focus at Apple over the recent years.
- Based on a recent report, Apple is also working on a telephoto lens, which works like a periscope, that should provide a longer zoom range than previous iPhones.
- Further, according to sources, the upcoming iPhone will use Sensor-Shift technology to keep your pictures stable.
This is where iPhone has probably suffered the most, but it was not overlooked with the iPhone 11 Series, where we saw a good improvement in terms of battery life. With the new iPhone design and display changes, we’re expecting a further enhancement in terms of battery life with the iPhone 12 series.
Apple is lagging from its rivals like Samsung & One Plus in terms of 5G connectivity. None of the current iPhones offer 5G connectivity. This is soon expected to change since Apple is heavily rumored to offer 5G connectivity with all its iPhone 12 models
Reports claim that Apple will work with Qualcomm & Samsung to supply its new iPhones with modems from both the companies to connect to 5G networks built on both mmWave and sub-6GHz spectrum. Different carriers using different technologies when they roll out their 5G networks. So, support for both the mmWave and sub-GHz 5G networks is very crucial.
Apart from this, there is a lot of speculation USB-C would replace the lightning port. The talk also suggest that Apple is moving to a wireless charging only model in the next few years.
One rumor says that iPhone is dropping it’s forest green color of the iPhone 11 Pro model variant for a new Navy Blue finish variant.
Well, the release date is not official yet. But, come on, Apple has a habit of launching its phones metronomically. Hence, the release is expected in the probably the 2nd week of Sep 2020. With all these series of different speculations & rumors, iPhone 12 is undoubtedly one of the most anticipated phones to watch out for in 2020. Let’s see if Apple stands up to our expectations or not?
Finally, if you’re looking for the best place to fix your iPhones, IPad’s, MacBook, or iPods, feel free to drop by at your nearest iFixScreens store. We always stand up to our Customers’ expectations.