iPhone XR Repair And Replacement | iFixScreens Support
iPhone XR has taken the iPhone features to a new level. This version of the iPhone has included an all-new Liquid Retina LCD and colorful design finishes. It is also considered a budget-friendly flagship iPhone. With its long battery life, you can have 25 hours of wireless talk time, 15 hours of internet browsing, and 16 hours of video playback. What a great device, right?
But since the modern world has created a busy life for people, no matter how great your device is, accidents still happen. Thus, you need to look for an iPhone XR repair shop! For moments like this, iFixScreens has you covered, getting you your broken phone back good as new by utilizing any of our three repair options.
The most commons types of iPhone XR repairs our stores do are:
- Broken Screen?
- What to Do if you Drop Your Phone in Water?
- iPhone Water Damage Repair Locations
- Why won’t my phone turn on?
- Why is my phone Speaker not Working?
- Why is my phone so slow?
- iPhone XR charge port not working?
- The backglass is broken, where can I fix it?
Get Your iPhone XR Ready For Repair Service:
Before You Bring & Sending Your Device
Follow these steps before you take your device for repair. If your device won’t turn on or respond, finish as many steps as possible:
- Back up your iOS device.
- Have your Apple ID password ready. For some repairs, you’ll need your Apple ID password to erase your device and turn off Find My iPhone.
- Bring your device and any accessories that you need help with.
Before Sending Your Device
Follow these steps before sending your device in for repair or replacement. If it won’t turn on or respond, finish as many steps as possible:
- If you need to send in an iPhone that’s paired with an Apple Watch, unpair your devices. When you unpair, your iPhone will create a new backup of your Apple Watch. You can use the backup to restore your Apple Watch when your iPhone returns from service.
- Back up your iOS device.
- Go to Settings > Messages and turn off iMessage.
- Erase your device. Go to Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings. If asked, enter your passcode and Apple ID password. If you can’t erase your device because it won’t power on or isn’t responding, you can erase it from iCloud.com.
- Make sure that Activation Lock is disabled.
- Remove any SIM card, case, or screen protector from your device and keep your cable and charger.
Now your device is ready to send. If you arranged a repair request, you should have received instructions on how to mail it to your device. If you didn’t get instructions or you haven’t set up a repair request, contact us.