8 Things to Delete Before Selling Your iPhone
The excitement has kicked in, and we are ready to upgrade to something better, thinner, and cuter. Before selling or trading in your iPhone, make sure you follow these steps to ensure all your data is removed from your device. Here are the 8 Things to Do Before Selling Your iPhone:
- Back up your iPhone.
- Remove photos from Camera Roll. Connect the device to your computer and open Image Capture (our recommendation, it's much faster) or iPhoto. Select all photos and then click Import All. In Image Capture, select "Delete items from camera after downloading." In iPhoto, choose to "delete photos" after importing.
- Turn iMessage off. Open the Settings app > Messages > iMessage > switch to off.
- Turn FaceTime off. Open the Settings app > FaceTime > switch to off.
- Disable your iCloud account. Open the Settings app > iCloud > tap "Delete Account" to delete the account from the device.
- Log out of Apple ID. Open the Settings app > iTunes & App Stores > tap Apple ID and sign out.
- Restore to factory settings. Open the Settings app > General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings.
- Unregister your device at supportprofile.apple.com.
- Call your carrier and ask them to disassociate the device from your account. Some important numbers: Sprint: 1-800-SPRINT1; AT&T: 1-800-331-0500; Verizon: 1-800-VERIZON; T-Mobile: 1-800-T-MOBILE.
If you need more help or questions come visit us at any of the following locations. Don't forget, if you need a screen repair come down and let the iFixScreens team assist you. If you break it, we can repair it! Our Mail-in address is also available to be as convenient to you as possible.