With the recent outbreak of Coronavirus, people are looking for different ways to protect themselves from getting affected by the virus. They’re using masks, sanitizers, disinfectants & what not to safeguard themselves from getting infected with the deadly virus.
WHO is advising the public to wash their hands often & also disinfect frequently touched surfaces & objects. Given the places, we carry our mobile phones right from our toilet to public places & the host of germs & bacteria it attracts, cleaning & disinfecting your phone becomes very important.
According to a report as per the Seattle times, your phone contains 25,127 germs & bacteria per square inch. But, you can’t just put your iPhone under tap water just the way you wash your hands to clean it. Check out a small video here at Mashable.
In this blog, We will be sharing how to clean your iPhone & disinfect it without causing any damage.
Although, with the new line up of iPhones like the iPhone 11, it’s alright to use some soap & water to clean it. Despite, proper care should be taken while cleaning & disinfecting your device to safeguard it from any potential damage.
So, let’s get started on how to clean iPhone?
Here are the guidelines as laid down by Apple to clean the iPhone 11 Series:
- Unplug all cables and then power off your iPhone.
- Use a soft, little damp, lint-free cloth—for example, a lens cloth.
- If the dirt is still present, use a soft, lint-free cloth with warm soapy water.
- Make sure to avoid getting moisture in openings.
- Don’t use cleaning products or compressed air.
Further, Below, I’ll be sharing several ways to clean & sanitize your iPhone without causing any damage.
1. Using an antimicrobial microfiber cleaning cloth-
- As Apple supports on its website, the easiest method to clean your iPhone without making it prone to any damage is using a soft & lint-free antimicrobial cloth.
- You may also dampen it with a little water & soap to get rid of the unwanted debris lying on your phone.
- Make sure you unplug & turn off the device before cleaning.
2. Using a screen protector & disinfecting wipes-
Using a screen protector will keep your iPhone protected from damage while cleaning with wipes.
Note: Don’t apply directly to your phone. Dab it on a small microfiber cloth and then wipe down your iPhone.
3. Use a UV smartphone cleaner-
The most effective & the best solution available in the market to clean & disinfect iPhone is using Phone Soap. Although it’s expensive but provides an easy & quick fix.
Phone soap is a clinically proven UV phone sanitizer that uses two UV-C bulbs & kills 99% of the bacteria and viruses on your phone.
That being said, keep your hands clean & disinfected & be mindful of where you’re putting your phone.