5 things you didn't know your iPhone could do
- Send audio and video messages that self-destruct.
- You can send audio snippets and video messages that expire after two minutes. If you head to Settings>Messages and scroll to the bottom, you'll notice a section for audio and video messages. You can choose to let them expire after two minutes or never.
- Tell Siri how to pronounce names.
- You can also teach Siri how to pronounce names. First, launch Siri and ask her to say the name in question (i.e. if it's your name, ask "What's my name?"). When she answers, tell her that she's not pronouncing it correctly. Make sure you use her pronunciation so that she knows which word you're talking about. Siri should then ask you how to correctly pronounce the name. Once you do, she will present three ways to pronounce the name. Choose the correct one, and Siri will remember it.
- Let your friends track where you go.
- If you want your friends or a family member to be able to track you as you move, you can complete the same steps mentioned in the previous slide and choose the "Share My Location" instead of "Send My Location." You can choose to share your location for one hour, until the end of the day, or indefinitely.
- Leave a group conversation.
- Group texts can be effective for reaching many people at once, but also annoying. If you want to leave a group conversation, simply tap the "Details" button in the upper right corner of the group conversation and select "Leave Conversation."
- Tap the home button twice to move app icons and other content toward the bottom of the screen (iPhone 6 Plus only)
- If you're using the iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus with one hand, you can double tap the home button to schootch content down toward the bottom of the screen. Apple calls this "Reachability Mode." Remember to tap the home button, don't press it or else it'll launch the app switcher.
If you need more help or questions come visit us at any of the following locations. Don't forget, if you need a screen repair come down and let the i Fix Screens team assist you. If you break it, we can repair it! Our Mail-in address is also available to be as convenient to you as possible.