iPhone 8 is one of the lightest devices from Apple. One of its amazing features is that it has a retina display with splash, water, and dust resistance. Since Apple takes a complete product life cycle approach, this device also has arsenic-free display glass, mercury-free LED-back-lit display, and brominated flame retardant–free. These are just some of the reasons why it is popular nowadays.
Due to the features and the price of the device, it is just normal to take good care of it. However, clumsiness and accidents are also unavoidable.
Here are the common issues and fixes of iPhone 8:
Frozen or Unresponsive Screen:
If your iPhone 8 has a frozen or unresponsive screen on the Home Screen or Lock Screen then you can follow the below fixes.
- A force restart will generally fix the problem. First, press and release the Volume Up button and then press and release the Volume Down button. You need to be fast with both gestures. After this, press the Sleep/Wake button till you see the Apple logo, and then let go.
- You can try holding down the Sleep/Wake button and then slide to Power Off. Use the Power button to turn it on again. In most cases, the hardware buttons are working and if it does then this fix will work for you.
Cellular Data Problems of iPhone 8:
If your iPhone is unable to connect to the network of a cellular provider then here are some fixes for you. This one of the common iPhone 8 problems can be solved easily with a few moves.
Before you proceed to make any changes, check with your service provider whether there is an outage. If yes, then you can wait till the outage is over and then try connecting again.
- A simple restart can sometimes help solve this problem.
- You can shut down LTE for 2-3 minutes and then turn it on back again. Go to Settings > Cellular > Cellular Data Options > Enable LTE > Off. You can turn it on by following the same path.
- Try switching your phone to Airplane Mode for about 20-30 seconds. Airplane Mode will turn off all connections and then when you turn it on the internet problem could be solved.
Wi-Fi Issues in iPhone 8:
Wi-Fi connectivity issues are common on all phones and dealing with it is something quite tricky as the problem could be different for every individual. Based on the types of issues that users have reported, here are some solutions:
- Restarting your smartphone extricates Wi-Fi problems most times.
- Sometimes, your internet may be slower than the regular days, and your upload or downloads may take ages to happen. Resetting the network settings may help. Before you begin the process, ensure you remember your Wi-Fi password as your device will forget the password if the settings are reset. So to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.
- You can also go to Settings > Wi-Fi > Tap “i” and select your connection > Forget this Network. This step will forget your Wi-Fi network on your iPhone 8. You should have your Wi-Fi password because this step forgets the Wi-Fi password.
- There may be times when there could be a problem with the Internet Service Provider or router. You could restart the router, which you can do by unplugging it and then plugging it back again after 30 seconds. Check the router’s firmware and make sure that the software is updated.
Overheating Problems on iPhone 8:
Usually, playing a game or running something exhaustive may cause your device to heat up but this will go away after some time when left idle. But if the phone feels overheated most of the time or doesn’t cool down soon, here are some fixes:
- Shut down your phone and wait for some time, touch its surface to check if it has cooled down, and then turn it on again.
- There may be a faulty app draining your phone’s energy abnormally. Usually, there are some apps that drain power excessively, causing your iPhone 8 to overheat. Uninstalling such apps will also remove your overheating issues.
- There are some common mistakes that we make while using our phone and avoiding them will also help in solving the overheating problems. We should not use our phone while it is charging. If you are using a wireless charger then remove the case or ensure that the case has been made for wireless charging. Never keep your iPhone under direct sunlight.
Battery Life Problems of iPhone 8:
iPhone 8 has a built-in lithium-ion battery which works with wireless charging also. We tend to use our smartphones excessively these days, and we are pretty much reliant on them for all our daily chores. This is why Apple has put a strong battery in iPhone 8. Apple says that once fully recharged, your phone should offer a talk time of up to 14 hours. Considering internet browsing, listening to songs, or playing videos, your phone’s battery should last you about 10 hours on average. However, there are some users that have complained of abnormal battery drain. Here are the solutions.
- Perform a battery check. Go to Settings > Battery > Scroll down to locate two numbers one is for Usage and the other for Standby. Check both numbers and ensure that the Usage number is quite low compared to the Standby number. Note down the numbers and lock your phone. Open it after 5 minutes again and check the numbers. If the Standby time is 5 minutes higher, than your phone is fine. But if your Usage has gone up more than a minute, then something is wrong. Go to Settings > Battery and check the list of apps and their impact on the battery. Uninstall the one that is drawing excessive battery and use an alternative app. However, there may be some apps that do eat into your battery, but you cannot survive without them. There are alternatives for this. Go to General > Background App Refresh. This will stop them from using the battery when they are not in use.
- If you don’t find your apps behaving abnormally, you can check the App Store. There are chances you have an update pending on one of your apps. Perform the update and then check your phone for battery drain.
- Sometimes, location services also drain your iPhone’s battery. Go to Settings > Privacy > Location Services and turn it off. Use it only when you need it.
- A poor service area will also cause your battery to drain because your iPhone is struggling to get a signal. Go to your Control Centre and switch to Airplane Mode until you move out of such an area.
- You may adore the True Tone Display, but it eats the battery life. Auto Brightness is the best way to deal with this problem. However, there are times the sensors don’t work exactly the way they should, and in such cases, you can adjust them manually. Swipe your screen upwards from the bottom to pull up the Control Center and adjust the screen brightness.
- iPhone 8 comes with a feature which is “Raise to Wake” so whenever you pick your phone it wakes up. Turn this feature off by going to Settings > Display & Brightness >Raise to Wake and toggle it off.
- There is a Low Power Mode which is quite useful. This feature will minimize all the animations and enhance your iPhone’s performance. iCloud Sync etc. services are disabled when this mode is on but you will receive your texts and calls. So, if you are low on your battery and still need to keep it alive for some time then use this feature to save your battery.
- New updates are important. Check for one in Settings > General > in case there is one you will see Software Update. Tap on it and click on Download & Install. Wait for the process to complete. Software updates – whether small or big, come with different fixes and make a huge difference in the smartphone’s performance.
Since we are speaking about battery problems there are some users whose iPhone 8 devices battery is swelling up. There is no fix to this and you need to connect with iPhone repair store near you and you will probably get a replacement.
Bluetooth Problems in iPhone 8
This is yet another one of the most common iPhone 8 problems that some users have been complaining about. We are dependent on Bluetooth while listening to music in our car or through wireless headphones. If you are also facing problems while establishing a steady connection here is what you need to do:
- To begin with, you can go to Settings > Bluetooth > tap of “i” in the circle and select the Bluetooth connection that you are facing problems with > click on Forget this Device. Once this is done reconnect the device again to check if the connection has been made.
- Although the above solution has worked for most if you still haven’t get resolution then try going to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. Now reconnect the device again.
- Setting your iPhone 8 to its factory defaults may also resolve your problem for good. Head over to Settings > General > Reset > Reset All Settings. The device will clear all the settings that you had customized including the Wi-Fi password (make sure you remember it).
If the above all fixes didn’t work then visit iPhone 8 repair store near you.